2013 WIPocalypse

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Big update: New job, trip to see Wicked...

I know it's been awhile, even though I was going to try to blog more frequently. Things have been so crazy with Christmas around the corner, looking for a new job, being frustrated with the old job.


Well, I finally heard about the job in the cardiac cath lab after a month of waiting. I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. This was my dream job: working Monday - Friday, 8 hour shifts, and with weekends off. I do have to take call like 12 times a month, but that's all. I have not been off a weekend, other than vacation in about 15 months. I can't wait to be able to spend the weekends with my husband and kids. I start on January 2.


Today, DH and I went to see Wicked. It was phenomenal!!!! The actress playing Elphaba was Carmen Cusack. Her voice is amazing!!! It was so powerful. It passed up Les Miserables in my mind as my favorite Broadway show. I can't wait until I get to see it again. Maybe if I go to NYC this spring to see my friend Jen, I'll go to see it again.


In my stitching world, I've been really busy too. I just recently finished a model for Sharon Crescent of Crescent Colours. I haven't uploaded the picture of it, but I will do it soon, and then post the finish. I am also stitching a model for JCS March/April issue by Amy Brueckner. I can't post a picture of that though.


I do need to try to get the kids Christmas stockings put together before Christmas. Hopefully next week. Keep your fingers crossed!


Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. One of the few weekends that I have to work left.


Couple pictures my sister took for our Christmas cards.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I read the book Wicked a few years ago and would love to see the production.

DaisyGirl said...

I saw Wicked on Broadway in NY, it was fabulous! Glad you got to see it. Congrats on your new position! Enjoy your weekends now!
Donna
http://daisygirlstitching.blogspot.com

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hey Melissa! Sure you can be in my PIF...I've already got 5, but I'll take you and you can add me to a spot on yours...how's that?! e-mail me your address here:
pfeiffers 6 @ sbcglobal dot net