2013 WIPocalypse

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Another, more determined try at blogging...








I'm bound and determined to start blogging and keep up blogging too. It may not be on a daily basis, but at least a couple of times a week.




I have been married for a little over 10 years to a wonderful man from Brooklyn, NY. We moved out here to Illinois when my son was only 6 weeks old. Ryan is now 9 years old and in 3rd grade. We've also had 2 other kids. Hanna, who is 7 and in 1st grade, and our youngest Jenna who is 5 and in pre-K. I graduated from nursing school about 1 1/2 years ago, and have been an ICU nurse since then. Right now though, I'm looking for a new job. I accepted a job at Barnes Jewish Hospital in their Surgery, Trauma, and Burns ICU, however, I'm also waiting to hear about another position at Belleville Memorial Hospital in the Cardiac Cath Lab. I interviewed for that position on Monday, and am just waiting to hear. The nurse manager said I would hear at the beginning of next week. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer. I REALLY want the job in the cardiac cath lab. It would be 40 hours a week, Monday - Friday, and on call 12 days a month. It would be sooooo much better than my current job. Right now, I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday every week. I'm soooo tired of that. I want to be able to spend more time with my family.

My major hobby/obsession is cross stitch. I've been stitching for about 28 years. I love to stitch almost anything except fantasy things. Some of my favorites include Little House Needleworks, Country Cottage Needleworks, Bent Creek, Lizzie Kate, quaker type samplers, Long Dog Samplers, Paula Vaughan and especially Shepherd's Bush. Honestly, I like to stitch almost anything. If something strikes my fancy, that's what I like to stitch. Here's a couple of pictures of my stitching.


Also, here's a couple of pictures from exchanges on the SBEBB that I've received. They are both so beautiful. The needlecase is stitched by Tuula, and the autumn scissor for is stitched by Judi.

Well, I think that's all for tonight. I want to do a little stitching before I go to bed for the night. Good night!

1 comment:

Joanie said...

HI Melissa...

Have you received your Xmas ornie from me? Please let me know!

Thanks!

Joanie