2013 WIPocalypse

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Update and a little ornament crazy...

Well, I've been a little ornament crazy lately.  I thought I was having a dry spell, but maybe not.  I think it was more of a dry spell from bigger projects.  I have worked on some bigger projects but just not as much. My focus has just not been what it usually has been.  Here are some of my recent finishes.
LK from the 12 Blessings of Christmas
LK "Feeling Festive" 
LK "Got Snow"
LHN "He's A Flake"
LHN "Peppermint Twist"
I'm hoping to finish Peppermint Twist when I'm done updating this blog.  Maybe I'll try to actually make them into ornaments this week before I go back to work.  I'm going to go to Joann's tomorrow to look for some Christmas fabric.
Other than my ornament stitching, the kids have started back to school.  Two out of three of my kids are really enjoying school.  Especially my oldest.  He LOVES middle school.  My youngest enjoys school too.  However, my middle one is really struggling.  I'm not really sure yet about her teacher though.  I'm not used to teacher's not getting back to me after I've emailed/called them.  I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt though.  If I don't hear from her by tomorrow, I'll be contacting the principal.  So we'll see.
Then I had thyroid surgery on the 7th.  It went pretty well, however, there was a complication.  My overnight stay in the hospital ended up being a 5 day stay and a very unpleasant NO FAT diet.  Do you know how hard it is to eat a no fat diet.  It was the way to get my extremely rare complication called a chyle leak to go away without having to go back in for more surgery.  The diet is officially over though. I go back to the surgeon tomorrow morning to get cleared to go back to work this weekend and to be able to start exercising again.
I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from our vacation back in July.
Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

valerie said...

Wonderful ornie finishes! Sorry to hear that you had to have surgery but I am glad you are on the mend despite the complications.

staci said...

Wow, you've been super productive! Wonderful ornaments!

Hope that things work out so that your Middle can have a good school year. Sorry to hear about your surgery complications, hope that you are feeling better now.

Jennifer Rivera said...

Hope everything turns out ok after your dr visit.
So happy R & J are enjoying school and sad that H is having a tough time. Hope things turn around for her.

Miss you lots!
J

Blu said...

Wow! Lots of cute finishes!
Glad to hear your feeling better.

Lesleyanne said...

Your ornie finishes are gorgeous. Your pictures of the flowers are spectacular. Love the picture of the children.

Danielle said...

Your ornaments turned out great! I love, love, love Lizzie Kate.

Lili said...

I take a look at some old posts!
So nice works!
I love this ornaments!They are so cute.
(I am now a following your blog) :)
Hugs,
Lili