2013 WIPocalypse

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wow, it's been a year since I've posted last.  I thought I'd start blogging again.  I know that I never blogged a lot to begin with, but I've decided it's a good way to journal what is going on in my life. 
Well, I'm still working as an RN, however, I'm not working at a hospital much closer to home.  Instead of an hour and fifteen minute commute each way, it's now only 20 minutes each way. I'm working in an ICU on the night shift.  I'm really enjoying it.  
We've been having a really nice summer with the kids so far.  We've been to the zoo a couple of times, swimming, roller skating, and then down to visit DH's mom.  When we were there we stayed at a hotel and visited a waterpark.  That was a lot of fun. This weekend,  we leave on a mini vacation to Holiday World and that area in Indiana.  We're really looking forward to that.  It's just amazing how fast they are growing though.  My oldest is 12 now, and the youngest will be 8 in October.  I love the ages they're at right now.  
I've been stitching quite a bit this year.  I haven't started too many new projects.  I've actually been working on finishing a lot of UFO's.  I realized that I had many things that I'd started over the years (large to even larger projects) that it was time to finish them.  
So far this year, I have finished LK Christmas, LK ABC Lessons, Mirabilia Touching the Autumn Sky, and LK A Bit of Flip its.  Plus, I've been working on a lot of my other UFO's.  I haven't taken pictures of those yet, but I will and then I'll post some of the finishes.  
Here are a couple of pictures that I took of the beautiful flowers at the zoo.  The STL Zoo does such a beautiful job. 

I'll take some pictures of my finishes this year and post them soon.
If anyone is still reading, take care, and I'll write more soon.

8 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

HOLIDAY WORLD :) Have you ever been? It's really great! Once you go there you'll never go anywhere else...we have had season tickets in the past and go frequently. I've been going there since I was 1 year old and I have a picture of me at that age on the sea horses and have a picture of my Mom at that age on them too :) You'll go right "over" where our families live...when you see "Haubstadt" on I-64 thats my old stompin' grounds...along with Cynthiana, Poseyville....all of them them that you'll drive over....Have a great time!

Lisa said...

Welcome back. I was so excited to be running through my blog list and see a updated post from you. The kids are getting bigger/older and it sounds like you are enjoying your summer together. I am sure with the shorter commute you are finding more time to be at home...we have had some changes in our life which has "allowed" my DH to be home with my 14-yr & 11-yr boys this summer. A great time to have some "daddy" time.
I look forward to catch up with you as you renew your interest in blogging. I am sure that you will find that your followers will comback - there is a lot of support out there in the blogging/stitching community!
Take care

valerie said...

It's great to hear from you! I'm glad that are doing well and keeping busy. Amazing how fast time flies! Good that your new job is closer to home too. I hope you're enjoying the summer and come back with some photos of your finishes! :)

Unknown said...

Good to see an update from you. Will be watching for pictures of your finishes and progress.

Have a great rest of the summer!

Daffycat said...

Welcome back, Melissa!

mainely stitching said...

Those are AMAZING flower photos!!

Jennifer said...

So glad you are back! Have missed reading your blog and was wondering what happened. Looking forward to seeing your stitching.

Jennifer Rivera said...

Welcome back Melissa! Love the blogging because it gives so much more info than FB does :)