2013 WIPocalypse

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My New Years finishes and a couple of goals

I hope everyone had a Happy and Safe New Years. I was on call, but thankfully was never called into work. I was very grateful. On New Years Day, I decided to start something small to work on. So, I chose this freebie ornament called Rejoice by 4 My Boys. I really like her designs, but unfortunately, she retired because of her health. So, I started and finished this on the same day. I started this and finished this on the same day. I thought it was a good way to start the New Year. It's actually a replacement for an ornament that never arrived to my partner on the SBEBB ornament exchange. I was really bummed that she didn't receive the first ornament because I thought it turned out cute. But, I think this will end up being nice as well.
Rejoice freebie
by 4 My Boys
This is my next finish of the New Year. It's a LK piece called Think Winter. I used an Odd and End piece of fabric and DMC floss. It's hard to see the white and snowflakes in the picture.

Think Winter by Lizzie Kate

Now for some goals for the New Year:

I really want to finish stitching some of my WIP/UFO's that have been in my to do basket for ages. You can see the list in the sidebar.

I'd also like to work on some more quilting projects.

Frame/finish items in my finished stitching bag. (If you only knew....)

Thanks for coming to visit. Since I finished the LK piece tonight, I'm going to work on something from my To Do basket for awhile.

Have a great night.

5 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Ohhhh...love that rejoice...and I just looked and I have the pattern! :)
And what a lovely L*K too!

Cathy B said...

You're off to a great start for 2009! Both designs are very cute!

Melissa said...

Hi from one Melissa to another!

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first time here. You're a very busy woman, what with 3 kids, being a RN and stitching too! (My SIL is a RN) I like both the designs - very cute!

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, what lovely finishes for the New Year Melissa! I'm sorry to hear your first ornament was lost... that's always so disheartening!

Sharon said...

Pretty finish! Love the LK piece.