2013 WIPocalypse

Monday, November 24, 2008

My latest Christmas project

Here is my latest project, even though it's not stitching. A friend from work brought in a Southern Living special Christmas issue and in it was this advent calendar tree. I just thought it was a great idea, so I gave it a try. Heaven knows, I have enough scrapbooking stuff to do most of it. So here is my result.


Each individual cone will have a little surprise in it. Either a miniature ornament or a couple of little pieces of chocolate for the kids. There are 25 cones on the tree - 1 for each day leading up to Christmas in December. The kids can't wait for me to fill the cones so they can start counting down the days.

Peek a boo!

I mailed out a floss ring tag today for an exchange on the Make A Wish board. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it. Hopefully, the recipient will for me. Well, I need to go work on my LHN RR. Have a great week!

1 comment:

staci said...

Your tree is adorable...a very clever idea :)