2013 WIPocalypse

Sunday, April 27, 2014

I stink at blogging...

I know, I know...I completely stink at blogging.  I always have the best of intentions, but life gets in the way.
I've definitely had some big life changes since the last time that I wrote.  We've gotten through the holidays, my son has his driver's permit (heaven help us!!!), I've graduated with my bachelor's degree and will be starting my Master's degree in June.  I've even started another job.  I was hired at a former hospital, as a clinical analyst in the IT department.  It's easier to train a nurse to do computer work, then it is to train an IT guy the nursing work.  I even get to go on my first business trip to Boston next week.  I've completed several 5k's (not that I ran them all), but it's still lots of fun.
I've even had the opportunity to stitch and finish some UFO's.  Some of the most exciting news is that I get to go to the Chessie and Me retreat up in Chicago at the end of July, and then in October, my husband surprised me and said that I could go to the Shepherd's Bush retreat in Park City UT.  I'm sooooo excited!!!!



Here's some pictures from a recent trip to the St. Louis Zoo.  I'll post some stitching pictures soon, but I have to load them from my phone.  The last picture is a large decorated cake sculpture.  They are all over the St. Louis area right now.  It's the 250th birthday of St. Louis.  It's fun to try to find them in different locations around the city.
Have a great day!

5 comments:

cucki said...

Wow so much fun :)
Hugs x

Annette said...

Congratz to your son, how great.. I;m glad my kids are still small. don't wanne think about that yet!!
Wow, 3 kids, hubby, job and house, and then doing a big study like that.. Ow My.. how awesome!!!
Congratz on getting your bachelor's degree..
Now a little break and then another studie.. good luck!!!

Beautifull pic';s of you kids..
Can't wait too see your stitching updates!!!
have a great time..

Heather said...

Wow, you have been busy! Congratulations on getting your Bachelors and good luck on the Masters.

valerie said...

Wow, so much stuff. You are keeping really busy! And how exciting you are going on two retreats! You'll love Shepherd's Bush. I contemplated going this year but think I'll save those pennies and try and stitch on my increasing number of WIPs. haha Congratulations on your Master!

Carol said...

You don't stink at blogging--you're just very, very busy, Melissa! That is great about your Bachelor's Degree and new job--best of luck in your Master's studies, too!

Oh, we're all green with envy at the thought of you going to the SB retreat--I'm sure you're counting the days!