2013 WIPocalypse

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How fast a week can go...

Wow, why is it that when we were little, the days just dragged on, summers would never end, and we were wishing that we were 16 and wanting to drive or date or something. Now, we wish that time would just slow down a little. It seems like yesterday that our children are born, and now we wish they would quit growing up.

Same goes with the weeks. It turned out I was off all of last week and this week too. I start my new job on Monday 5/4. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my time off. Last year I really didn't get a vacation because I had surgery, was home for about a week, and then went back to work. Unfortunately, the time has gone awfully fast.

Here are my progress pictures over the last week. I've really enjoyed having the kids at school and stitching to my hearts desire. Of course, with a little cleaning and laundry thrown in too. The progress made was on my LK ABC piece, By Gone Stitches Quaker Virtues, and Plum Street Sampler Still Waters. The Plum Street piece is my SAL with Jean whose blog is the Slow Stitcher.

Then this week, I decided to also work on a couple of little projects as well. They are both from LK. The first one is from LK Little Cups of Friendship. It's for my MIL for Mother's Day. The other is the first ornament that I've stitched in a long time. It felt so good to stitch it too. It's called LK Happy Holidays. I finished the ornament right before the power went out (at 11:30 pm) for about 4 hours. There wasn't a storm or anything. I really hate Ameren. It never fails, I don't know how often we lose power just because.
Thanks for looking at my pictures. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Mel

14 comments:

Kim B said...

Ameren is impossibly bad! I'm with you!

I wish I could accomplish as much stitching as you do!

Daffycat said...

Lovely WIPs! Aren't SALs fun?

CindyMae said...

Time sure does fly by way to fast! My daughter turns 14 today and that just totally blows my mind! I can not believe that she is already 14!

Anyway, wonderful progress on all your stitching and I love your small finishes! They are so cute. Beautiful work on everything!

Unknown said...

Now we both have peacocks! Your other WIPs are looking lovely too! :)

Lisa said...

It looks like you were quite busy during your time off. Isn't it nice to sit back and relax (even though housework & laundry got in the way "a little"). We, moms, need some time to sit back and smell the roses and ponder life. Time does go by fast - with a 13 yr old and a 10 yr old (both boys) - I look in amazement every day and ask that same question, "where did the time go?"
Take care! Enjoy life!

Tanya said...

I enjoyed looking at your WIP's. You can't have too many of those.
lol! Isn't it amazing how fast time goes when you are enjoying yourself.

Lana said...

Wow! Your stitching is amazing!!! Love all your WIP's!

Dona said...

Melissa, I'm glad you got a chance to do quite a bit of stitching. Such cute designs, too! Good luck with your new job!

Annemarie said...

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for the sweet, encouraging words you left on my blog. I love yours, and all the projects you have on the go. The Plum Street one looks very yummy. Now I'm off to visit Jean, whose blog name has me intrigued for obvious reasons :o)

Mary's Stitchin Time said...

I love all your new projects, Melissa! Seeing Still Waters and LK's ABC Lessons makes me so hungry for a new start!

Hope your 1st week at the new job went well!

Jan said...

Melissa, so happy to find your blog, I will be returning to visit again!

Love your wips and congrats on the new job!;)

Kathy A. said...

Melissa - please email me at drewsgrands@hotmail.com with your address.
Please put Make A Wish in the subject as I have been getting so much spam these days
Your wish should be ready for mailing in the next day or two. I just have to uncover my sewing machine

Anonymous said...

What happy stitching pieces you have here. They remind me a little bit of the designer called Tralala.

shogun_na said...

Hi ...my name is Ina...n im from Malaysia...i would like to ask...i bought LK ABC LESSONS kit without the fabric...and for this project im using linen as the fabric...

The questions are...the thread included enough if i used 3 strands?Thanks...