2013 WIPocalypse

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Update ...

Well, again, it's been awhile since I've posted last. Things here have been pretty busy. The new job is going really well. I really love it and have learned a lot. We have had some bad news since I posted last. My DH's dad has been diagnosed with a very aggressive leukemia. He actually has been in the hospital since Friday and was discharged today. The Dr's have only given him 3 months - 1 year to live. There has been a lot of stress and weird family dynamics that has surrounded his diagnosis.
Stitching wise, I've been working on a model stitching project for JCS. It's pretty big. I'm probably more than 1/2 of the way finished. I'm wanting to buy a new digital camera with the $$$ from it. I'm supposed to have it mailed back by 5/1. I wish I could share a picture of it. I do however have some pictures to share. This first picture is the ornament that I stitched in March. It's from the 2007 JCS Ornament Issue.

Designs by Cathy Jean "Fill with Love"

The next picture is a pinkeep that I made from one of the new LK designs called "Dream"


This is currently the WIP that I can share. It's called "Lo, how a rose" and it's from a BH&G Cross Stitch Christmas hardcover book that someone recommended. Hopefully, I accomplish quite a bit on it this month.

I hope that I can accomplish quite a bit more of this in the month of April. Lastly, one of my big accomplishments is one of the designs that I stitched for JCS is in the magazine this month.

This is the April 2008 JCS magazine.



This is the piece in the magazine.

A little touch of spring has finally touched my little corner of the world. My forsythia bush is finally blooming. After all of the 8" of rain which we received in March, I started to think that spring would never come.

My forsythia bush.

I'm going to attempt to make some goals for the month of April. They may not all be stitching goals, but they will definitely be mingled in with other goals.

1. Finish the JCS model stitching piece.

2. Paint dining room.

3. Work on Fair and Square Round 6 piece.

4. Work on the LHN RR.

5. Paint my personal family room.

6. Decorate and possibly paint playroom.

7 Plant flowers

8. Finish at least 3 scrapbook pages or cards.

9. Work on Lo, How A Rose

10. Work on BS Quaker Christmas.

Well, I'll try to write more next week. Sorry this post was so long.



2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Congrats on you model stitch! Wow...it was full on cross stitch wasn't it?! Lots of work and it is cute as a button :)
Love the Fill with Love ornie and your Dream Pinkeep! Congrats...all pretty finishes :)

Unknown said...

You have a lovely blog and do beautiful work.

So sorry about your husband's illness. Best wishes to you and your family. You'll be in my thoughts.